1. “This sounds really awesome! How do I sign up to create my very own PARK(ing) Space?”
2. “This sounds pretty cool! How do I find out where to see people’s PARK(ing) Spaces?”
3. “You mean you’re going to take away my parking space?”
Well, let us answer those questions for you.
1. “This sounds really awesome! How do sign up to create my very own PARK(ing) Space?”
We’re super excited you want to participate! To create your own PARK(ing) Space for this years event, all you need to do is follow the few simple steps you’ll find here. You are welcome to set up, occupy your space, and tear down whenever you like during the day, but we are suggesting you be set up by 10:30 or 11am to take advantage of lunch hour foot traffic. You can either tear down after lunch, or stick it out for the long haul and occupy your space through the end of the workday. It’s up to you.
Unfortunately, we don’t have a mass supply of materials for you to use, so you’re on your own for finding the materials you need to create your PARK(ing) Space. If you haven’t already, check out images from past events for inspiration. Just remember to leave your space cleaner than you found it.
Lastly, don’t forget to add your space to the PARK(ing) Day 2010 Map so people know where to find you.
2. “This sounds pretty cool! How do I find out where to visit people’s PARK(ing) Spaces?”
In past years, PARK(ing) Spaces have been all over the Twin Cities, and we have no reason to believe this year will be any different. The best way to find out where people are set up is to visit the PARK(ing) Day 2010 Map. People should be set up by 11 am, so head out on your lunch hour to visit a few, or take the day off and visit them all!
3. “You mean you’re going to take away my parking space for a whole day?”
Yes, yes we are! But only for a day. More on that from last year.